Liebster Awards – Get to know new bloggers
Hey guys! So the lovely Freya tagged me in a Liebster award – getting to know new bloggers! I hadn’t heard of this before but I thought it was such a great idea for your readers to get to know you better and to also spread the word about other smaller bloggers.
The rules are:
1. Answer the 11 questions that your nominator has asked you.
2. Nominate 11 other bloggers (with under 200 followers)
3. Ask your nominees 11 questions.
4. Let them know that you have nominated them!
So here are my answers to Freya’s questions:
1. What motivated you to start blogging?
When I was about 14 I first discovered blogs and I would spend hours googling different beauty products with the word ‘review’ so I could see what was good and what wasn’t. I’ve loved makeup since I was around 9 years old and it was my dream to be a make-up artist (it still is, wtf am I doing at uni doing maths) so it made sense to start a blog talking about something I loved. I don’t use that blog anymore though, I started this one this year so I could have an ‘adult’ one where I wasn’t embarrassed of my teenage posts lol.
2. If you could live in one city, anywhere in the world, where would it be?
This is a tough one because I’ve always wanted to live in America but I think I’m too much of a homely person so I’m gonna say London! I live in greater London already and I love it so much, It’s my favourite city!
3. What are you most grateful for this year?
This year I am the most grateful for my boyfriend and my family. University has been a massive struggle for me and I’ve had a lot of downs through it. My boyfriend has given me non stop support through it and helped me on my journey. My family have also given me a lot of help too which I appreciate so so much and I would be screwed without them!
4. Do you have any holidays planned this year? What are they?
Sadly I have zero holidays planned this year, I’m living a student life *Cries*.
5. What have you learnt about yourself this year?
This is a hard one! I think the main thing I’ve learnt about myself this year is that the more effort I put in, the more rewards I will get. This mainly applies to university but it also relates to other things such as relationships.
6. What fictional thing do you wish was real? (place, person, animal, anything)
Don’t judge me… Batman. I’ve been a massive batman fan my whole life and seen every single movie. I’m literally obsessed, so a world with batman in would make me very happy.
7. What makes you the most nostalgic?
Listening to old songs and looking through old Pictures/Videos. I love taking pictures because it documents the memories, so when I look back at old photographs I feel very nostalgic.
8. What’s your favourite season and why?
I don’t really have a favourite season! They all have their positives and negatives, but if I really had to pick, I’d say summer. Everyone is happier, the weather is warmer (sometimes too warm), and there’s no education for a little while!
9. What’s your favourite album at the moment?
I don’t really listen to albums much, I make playlists all the time on Spotify and listen to them. But the last album I listened to was J-Hus – Common Sense and it’s pretty good.
10. What are three goals you want to achieve in the next 5 years?
- Complete university happily.
- Get a stable Job
- Be happy
11. What is your favourite quote or lyric?
I have quite a few favourite quotes and lyrics, to name a few:
“Your self worth is determined by you, you don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are” – Beyoncé.
“When you feel like giving up, remember why you started”
But at the moment the lyric I’m liking is “It’s up to you the rest is unwritten” Which is a Beyoncé lyric (I know there’s 2 Beyoncé quotes here, I’m a big fan of hers too). I’m reminding myself of this lyric a lot at the moment because I know that I’m not going to succeed at university, with my blog, or with my future if I don’t put in the work or effort now myself.
So those are the answers to my questions! I’ve loved answering them so thanks again to Freya for nominating me, I hope it’s given you a chance to get to know me a little better. Do go check out her lovely blog!
The 11 people I’m nominating are:
Kimmiee (The typical Beauty Blog)
Em (Out of teabags)
Alicia (Under Beautys Surface)
Ellie (Edits by Elle)
Ashia (Live for luxe)
Fiona (My Face or yours)
Kate (Kate is Coveting)
Megan( Megan Beth Blogs)
The 11 questions I want you to answer are:
- Who is your role model?
- What is your favourite childhood memory?
- What’s been your favourite blogging achievement so far?
- What makes you happy?
- What is your favourite Disney movie?
- If you could go back in the past and tell yourself one thing, what would it be?
- If you could have superpowers, what power would you pick and why?
- What do you do to relax?
- What’s your favourite TV show?
- What do you love most about blogging?
- If you could visit any fictional world, which one would you visit? (from a book, TV, movie, game etc)
I hope you enjoy answering these questions! Please do let me know if you do answer them so I can have a cheeky read 🙂