Hello you lovely people. It’s time for another life post, a bit similar to where I talked about being a Failure here. So get ready for a deeper insight into my life. I’ll be honest with you, this has been a really f*cking weird year. They tell you your 20’s involve learning about yourself and who you are. They’re right. I’ve had a very shit time in second year at uni, failed an exam, retaken that exam, failed it AGAIN (I cried a lot, it was by one stupid mark.) and now I’m scheduled to retake it a third time this spring. I’m currently taking the year out of university for many reasons which I explained here, and I’m now also recently single and going through a lot mentally. I’d love to express exactly how I’m feeling and what I’m going through but I feel like that would be a little too deep and negative for Clayaa.com so instead I’m writing a positive post on how I’m going to change, rather than explaining everything that is wrong.
I’ve decided enough is enough and that I need to get organised. I’ve thought of different ways to get my life on track, ensure I have a great future and to make me happy. I just want a great lifestyle and in order to achieve that I need to make a lot of positive changes. I guess I just needed to write this post to express how I’m feeling, writing my failure one really helped me and it was nice to see a lot of other people relating. I do struggle to write down into words exactly how I’m feeling so I apologise if this post may seem a bit confusing. I’ve broken down the ways I’m determined to change my life into a few categories.
- Drink more water. I literally go days without drinking any water, it’s my worst habit and I’ve never drunk enough in a day. I’m going to make a conscious effort to have a bottle with me all the time and to force myself to drink!
- Better food choices. I don’t want to go crazy with any diets. I just want to start being a bit healthier by eating more fruit and vegetables, and eating less crap. I.e. Fizzy drinks, chocolate bars and fast food.
- Skincare routine. I’ve already got a pretty good skincare routine, but I want to make sure I continue it and I’d also like to make sure I use a facemask at least once a week.
- Fill my diary. I always find that when I’ve written all my plans in my diary I have such a clearer mind. I know what I’m doing for the week and I can see the month as a whole. I am determined to carry my diary around with me 24/7.
- Make my bed everyday. I’m not sure if you’ve seen a video going round Facebook of a man who was in the navy who explained about how making your bed every morning is the start to a productive day. By doing so you have achieved something, you can say “I completed that” and it leads you on to a day where you feel more productive and motivated to boss your day! I never make my bed as I am too lazy and have always thought, well I’m going to get in it and mess it up again later anyway so what’s the point?
- Keep my room tidy. You always feel more productive in a tidy space, so I’m not going to let my room get too messy, if it does then I will force myself to take an hour out to tidy it up!
I get so much joy out of blogging and it’s such a productive habit to have. I really want to focus more time and energy on this as it is a great way to spend my time – rather than scrolling through countless funny videos on Facebook. So a few goals I’ve set myself to do in relation to Clayaa.com are:
- Post twice a week.
- Dedicate specific time to read and comment on other posts. I don’t always sit down and have a good read of posts. I often read them on the train quickly so I’m setting myself the goal of dedicating a little bit of time each week where I can sit down with a cuppa and enjoy a good hour reading other people’s blogposts.
Everything I’m doing in my life right now is all for my future, I’m studying to get a degree for a career, I’m saving money for university and I’m applying for placements to have experience for a future career. In order for me to succeed in life I need to act now. Some goals I have right now to help me with my future are:
- Apply for placements. I’ve got this whole year free until I go into third year, I need to get my butt in gear and start applying for some, I really need some decent experience in order to help me with the career I would like to pursue. For anyone interested I’d love to be an Actuary when I graduate and it’s a competitive job!
- Revise. After failing my resit twice (cries) I am NOT going to fail it again. I WILL take time out to revise throughout the year because I want to improve my knowledge and Maths skills not only so I can boss my resit, but so I can be comfortable and ready to go into third year and smash it! I really would love to get a first in my degree, It will be super hard but if I’m going to have a chance at it I need to put a lot of effort in.
How can you build a successful life if you don’t plan? I’d like to set daily to do lists to help breakdown my days in to smaller tasks making my days more achievable. I also own a weekly planner featured in the photo above which I’ve still not used, I’m going to try use that more often to see my week as a whole and hopefully plan all my blogging tasks for the week.
One thing I’ve learnt this year that’s really important is self care. The number one person in your life should be yourself, and you can’t live a happy life if you don’t look after yourself. This is something I’ve really been trying to implement into my life and to actively take some time out for myself. Whether it be spending longer time in the bath to read a book, painting my nails, or walking home from the train station instead of getting the bus. I often find myself always in a rush to do things and I never take a breather and just sit down to focus on something for myself. So I’ve got a few things I would like to do to implement my self caring lifestyle.
- Go to bed earlier. My whole life I’ve been a night owl, forever going to bed at 2am and waking up at 12pm, normally because I’m too busy playing Xbox or games on my phone. This summer when I was working full time I got into a great habit of sleeping earlier and getting up earlier, It makes me feel so much more energised and that I am making the most of my day. Ideally I’d like to be going to sleep no later than 11pm but we’ll see how that goes…
- Sit down with a cup of tea more often. I love a good cup of tea, ideally I’d like to take more time out to sit down with a cuppa and read some blogposts.
- Use a face mask at least once a week. It only takes 10-15 minutes, forces me to take a little break and most importantly will give my skin some TLC!
- Do things alone. I’m really trying to learn to be comfortable with myself and I believe spending time alone doing productive things will help me on this life journey. I want to go and sit in Starbucks on my own for an hour and go for walks. I do have a trip planned to Amsterdam in a month where I will be spending 2 days alone, this is going to be a massive test of my independence and it’s going to be great for my mind.
Stop Being Lazy!
- Book an eye test. I had my eyes tested just under 2 years ago because I was struggling to read the board in my lectures at university, the results said I had astigmatism and that I needed glasses. They told me I could wear them as often or as little as I liked so I mainly used them for reading or for staring at screens. My eyesight has deteriorated a lot and now I get headaches all the time! I really need to book an eye test as I think I need a stronger prescription or might even have to wear glasses 24/7.
- Get my knee checked out. This is the mother of all procrastination, nearly 3 years ago I twisted my knee and it’s not been the same since. It hurts so much in winter right behind the knee cap when its cold, it hurts when I run, it hurts the next day after being out dancing, and it hurts randomly sometimes. Sometimes it is bearable and sometimes it is super painful. I know you’re all thinking “why the f*ck have you not been to the doctors Clare?”. Well I’m just lazy to tell the truth, but also I’m so scared about what they’re going to tell me, what if it’s arthritis and I have to live with it, what if I need to have an operation? I hate all these ideas and don’t want to know. Either way I Will go to the doctors about it.
Gosh, that was a long post. Thanks for sticking by and reading it all if you did! I just like putting down my feelings and plans into words as it helps free my mind, and by posting it on my blog it also pushes me to achieve the tasks more as I know other people have seen them! I feel really sh*tty 24/7 and I’m so sick of feeling like this. Hopefully with these small changes I can start feeling a little bit better day by day and achieve a better lifestyle.
What small changes help you to live a better lifestyle?
You can also find me here:
Bloglovin’ | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Facebook